Grenada citizenship is one of the most coveted out of the nations offering Citizenship by Investment programmes, primarily because of the specific benefits of the Grenadian passport. While some may think having a second passport only offers new ways to enter other countries, the Grenada passport gives special access and a more enhanced global mobility to the Grenada CBI program applicant.
Before we discuss what makes the Grenada passport unique, we’ll outline the requirements and pathway to Grenadian citizenship available to an applicant.
Grenada Passport Requirements
The Grenada passport is one of the most enduring and most successful second passport programs in the world. Like any passport programme though, there are several requirements one must meet before it can be issued:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Pass a detailed background check and hold no criminal record
- Have documentation that supports good character and the source of funds for the investment
- Be in good health
Paths to Grenada Citizenship
There are several pathways to citizenship of Grenada, but the most popular option is the citizenship via a real estate investment route. Grenada citizenship applicants must make either a financial contribution to their national transformation fund or make an investment in one of Grenada’s government-approved real estate development projects, such as a luxury resort.
The Grenada CBI program is much more efficient than other pathways to citizenship, applications typically taking 90-120 days to process. Once the documentation has been examined and approved by the Grenada CBI unit, the applicant pays the remaining balance of dues and the proof of your investment is sent to the Grenada government where the applicant will receive their passport. It’s a simple process, but the documentation can be complex if not working with an experienced CBI developer or agent.
There are other routes to citizenship in Grenada that can gain you a passport, but compare the timeframes and risk of failing to secure the passport to the 90-120 days of CBI Grenada citizenship applicants:
- By birth: either by being born in Grenada or having one parent as a Grenadian citizen.
- By marriage: the application process can take up to 6-months and requires substantial documentation without the guarantee it’ll be approved or deemed a real marriage. Citizenship by marriage is thoroughly investigated in most countries.
- By naturalization: this route takes 7 years and requires residency and/or government service in combination with time living in Grenada. Beyond this, there is also extensive documentation required and a demonstration of good behavior in the 12 months prior to submitting an application.
As you can see, out of the pathways to Grenadian citizenship the Citizenship by Investment programme is by far the least time-consuming and has the least amount of risk when it comes to being approved. You can learn more about the CBI process for Grenada here:
Grenada Citizenship by Investment | Range Developments
Unique Benefits of the Grenadian Passport
Citizenship of Grenada will allow you to enjoy the benefits such as:
- Tax-efficient jurisdiction
- Visa-free travel to over 140 countries, including the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, China, and others
- No residency requirements
- Dual citizenship allowance
- Spouse, children, and parents can be included
These benefits to gaining citizenship by way of the investment program in Grenada give a wide array of benefits to the applicant, but what makes the Grenada passport most unique is access to the United States E2 visa. Grenada is the only Caribbean CBI jurisdiction with a treaty of navigation and commerce with the United States, which is a requirement for applying for the E2 visa. This visa gives investors access to 120 days in the United States without being subject to global income taxation and gives:
- The right for a spouse to work anywhere in the U.S.
- Children are allowed to attend schools in the U.S.
- Ability to sponsor specialized employees from the applicant’s home nation
- The E2 visa can be renewed indefinitely
This unique advantage gives any applicant a wide range of business benefits within the United States on top of the global mobility citizenship in Grenada already grants. To learn more about the E2 visa itself, we encourage you to read here
E2 Visa – Learn About The E2 Investor Visa Available In Grenada
Grenada Citizenship Program via Investment
What makes Grenada different from other CBI programmes in the Caribbean is primarily access to the highly coveted E2 visa, but also the other advantages detailed above. The key to accessing and securing citizenship along with the array of benefits is working with an experienced CBI developer who can guide you through this process. We at Range Developments are one of the leading CBI developers in the Caribbean and have successfully guided our clients to not only gain citizenship in Grenada but to get access to the E2 visa for themselves and their families.
Explore the investment opportunities in Grenada and begin the road to developing your enterprise in the United States.